Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cleanses

This past spring and early summer I did some reading about the potential health benefits of cleanses and fasting. I liked some of the health benefits, and I recently read another article reprint from a Shape magazine article in which the benefits of fasting were mentioned again. The last cleanse I tried was the Master Cleanse, and I was happy with the results. I have been doing a good job of cutting back on caffeine, and after my doctor's appointment yesterday I decided it is time to cut caffeine out entirely. Once I am completely off caffeine, I am going to look at doing another Master Cleanse. In the meantime, I am trying to cut back on snacking and just look at eating healthier. I need to make small changes. The last time I tried anything, it was fairly drastic and I tried to address everything all at once. This time around, calculation will make a difference. I'm scaling things around exercise as well, so I don't want to do any sort of cleanse if I'm doing a significant amount of volume of running. I feel like I have a good plan for creating a base and really getting myself on track.