Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Road to Timberman

While I was watching Merrie run this year's Timberman Sprint Triathlon, I made the decision to run the 70.3 in 2014.  My weight has slipped, and my health just isn't where it should be.  I had a doctor's appointment today, and I have gained 30 pounds back since my last appointment.  Granted, the last appointment I had was a number of years ago, but essentially I have gained back most of the weight I lost.  I am frustrated with my lack of progress, and frankly I am concerned about my yo yo-ing back and forth between losing weight and gaining weight and the effect this has on my long-term health and well-being.

I am going to try to change a number of things, but I want to make these things permanent changes.  I have done well in terms of alcohol consumption, and I need to focus on cutting caffeine entirely out of my diet.  I also need to start taking multivitamins regularly, and I need to be able to get a decent night's sleep each night.  I need to work out more.

I know what I need to do.  Now I have a timeline I need to abide by in order to make it happen.

No comments: