Monday, November 07, 2016

Essential Spirituality

Back in 2013 when I was doing my doctoral coursework I took a course in Multicultural Perspectives in Leadership. Part of the course was a reading of a book called Essential Spirituality. It was about meditation, investing time in one's self, and addressing our needs on a spiritual level. I had to write a summary of the book, based on the way I intend to apply the principles to my life. I thought about it for some reason the other day, and went back through my course materials to find it. I'm reading through it right now and the goals and aspirations I had back then in regards to simplifying my life, to trying to be more focused on the things that have meaning in my life, and to be a better person were all there in my write-up. I acknowledged at that time that it is my dream to one day be able to have the time I want in order to do the things I want to do, not the things that I have to do. I talked, in one of the sections I was reading last night, about how there is only a certain amount of time in a given day. If we are to change anything we first need to look at the time we have available and see what changes we can make there. Sound familiar? I talked about this at greater length recently when I was working on a section of the book. The reading of this old Essential Spirituality write up was very telling. I haven't progressed much in the last three years. I need to invest more time in getting to where I need to be, and time management is still difficult because my schedule is my nemesis.

No comments: